Carlos Alcaraz Garfia
Carlos Alcaraz Garfia is a Spanish professional tennis player. Currently, he is the world’s No. 1 singles player by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP). He started Alcaraz began his tennis career at the Real Sociedad Club de Campo de Murcia where his father was the tennis academy director.
Recently Alcaraz has won the 2022 US Open and two Masters 1000 titles apart from that he won six ATP Tour singles titles.
Alcaraz is the youngest tennis player who became men’s world No. 1 at the age of 19 years, 4 months, and 6 days old, also he is the first teenager in the Open Era to top the men’s rankings.
Career Growth And Achievements
- At the junior level, Alcaraz was ranked world No. 22. He won two titles on the ITF Junior Circuit.
- He turned professional in 2018 at the age of 15, after that he won three titles on the ITF Men’s World Tennis Tour and four ATP Challenger Tour and reached the top 100 in rankings in May 2021.
- Alcaraz reached his first ATP Tour final at the 2021 Croatia Open, and in the ATP 250 tournament, he won his first title.
- In 2021 he reached the quarterfinals at the US Open and won the year-end Next Generation ATP Finals in Milan as a result he entered the top 50.
- Alcaraz entered the top 10 when he won his first ATP Tour Masters 1000 title at the Miami Open and his second ATP 500 title at the Barcelona Open in April
- He is the youngest player to defeat both Nadal and Djokovic in the same clay-court event, beating them on back-to-back days at the 2nd ATP Masters 1000 title in 2022 Madrid.
- Alcaraz won the third title of the season with a victory over eighth seed Pablo Carreno Busta in the final of the Barcelona Open in April 2022.
- He continued his wonderful form by winning the Madrid Open title to claim his fourth title of the year. He beat Alexander Zverev in straight sets
- Alcaraz won his first grand slam title in September 2022, by beating Ruud in the US Open final to become world number one.
- As of now on 18th November 2022, the current news is, Carlos Alcaraz would end the year as world No. 1 after Rafael Nadal’s elimination from the ATP Finals which is Nadal’s fourth successive loss this year. Though he is not participating at the tournament due to injury
Carlos Alcaraz Garfia was born on May 5, 2003, in El Palmar, Murcia, Spain his father is Carlos Alcaraz González and his mother is Virginia Garfia Escandón. Both his parents are Spanish.
Gonzalez who is also known as Carlos Alcaraz Sr was among the top 40 tennis players in his country. He introduced Alcaraz to tennis when he was four years old. He assigned former World No. 1 Juan Carlos Ferrera to enhance his son’s game to the highest level
His mother Virginia Garfia was not a sports enthusiast but she supported a lot to her husband and her son in their respective careers.
Carlos Alcaraz has three siblings Alvaro, Sergio, and Jaime. Sergio and Jaime Alcaraz are younger and Alvaro Alcaraz Garfia is the elder brother. Now Alvaro is 22 years old and is currently an actor
Carlito is having a stunning girlfriend Maria González Giménez, who is also a tennis player from Murcia playing for Murcia Club de Tenis. More details are unknown because the couple is keeping their relationship private.
- Full Name: Carlos Alcaraz GarfiaNationality: Spanish
- Residence: Villena, Spain
- Born: 5 May 2003, El Palmar, Murcia, Spain
- Age: 19 years
- Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
- Weight: 74 kg
- Siblings: Alvaro, Sergio, and Jaime
- Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
- Coach: Juan Carlos Ferrero
- Prize money: US$9,246,721
- Singles: Career record 90–31
- Career titles: 6
- Highest ranking: No. 1 (12 September 2022)
- Net Worth: $4 Million
- Prize money: US $9,246,721
Career Titles And Results
Results in 2022:
- Australian Open: 3rd Round
- French Open: Quarterfinals
- Wimbledon: 4 Round
- US Open: Winner
5 Career titles:
- ATP Masters 1000: 2 times
- ATP 500: 2 times
- ATP 250: 1 time