Christian Mate Pulisic
Christian Mate Pulisic is an American professional soccer player who is going to lead the USA Football team in FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, he plays as a winger for both Chelsea and the United States national team.
People also call him Captain America because of his next level of play and his nationality
- Current team: Chelsea
- Jersey Number: 10
- Brackley Town: 2006–2007
- Michigan Rush: 2008–2015
- Representing: United States Men’s soccer team
- Net Worth: Estimated $40million
- Salary: $1750000 per week from Chelsea
- Goal Scored: 44 goals from 243 matches
- Christian Mate Pulisic starts his professional career at the German club Borussia Dortmund, in February 2015 on the U17 squad and also in the summer of 2015 on the U19.
- Later promoted to the senior soccer team in 2016, at the age of 17. He has also played for the United States at both under-15 and under-17 levels, before making his senior national team.
- Pulisic started his Bundesliga match in a 2–0 win against Ingolstadt on January 30, 2016. This has made him the youngest non-German player and the fourth-youngest player to score a goal.
- On February 18, he made his UEFA Europa League debut
- In January 2019, Pulisic signed Chelsea in a transfer worth $73 million, which made him the most expensive North American player of all time and started playing for the club in the 2019–20 season.
- At the age of 21 years, he became the youngest Chelsea player to score a hat-trick during the 2020–21 UEFA Champions League
- Pulisic is the youngest Chelsea player and the first American who scores in the semi-finals.
- Afterward, he became the first American to play in a UEFA Champions League Final, winning the 2021 match.
- Pulisic was the youngest player ever to captain the United States national soccer team in the modern era.
- He helped the U.S. team to reach the final of the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup and won the inaugural
- Pulisic is one of the best soccer players the USA has ever produced.
Family And Their Contributions
Pulisic spent the majority of his childhood where he was born in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
His father Kelley Pulisic and Mark Pulisic, are sports enthusiasts couples who played collegiate soccer at George Mason University.
His father Kelly also played professional indoor soccer for the Harrisburg Heat in the 1990s. Later his father became a coach at both youth and professional levels.
Young Pulisic grew up in Pennsylvania enjoying the loving company of both parents and his sister DeeDee,
Pulisic’s soccer idol was Luís Figo
Pulisic lived for a year in Tackley, Oxfordshire.
At the age of seven, he began playing for the youth team of Brackley Town. His father was general manager of the indoor club Detroit Ignition in the mid-2000s,
Pulisic lived in Michigan and played for Michigan Rush. During his stay in Michigan, he attended Workman Elementary School.
Pulisic loved playing football as a child, a sport that came naturally to him.
His love for football took an upward turn in 2005 when his mother Kelly Pulisic offered a scholarship to work abroad on a teaching exchange program in England for one year.
On their arrival in England, Pulisic and his parents settled in Tackley, a quaint, quiet village that was a few miles north of Oxford.
While at Tackey, Pulisic’s father put his 6-year-old at the youth setup of Brackley Town. It was at Brackley town where Pulisic got his first taste of competitive football for a year, playing whenever an opportunity presents itself.
The whole family returned to America and took up residence in Michigan following the end of Pulisic’s mother’s teaching exchange program.
However, there was no end to his passion as he picked up from where he left off in England by playing for Michigan Rush.
He was with the Michigan Rush for a few months before his family relocated back to his hometown Pennsylvania.
In this period Pulisic parents gave first priority to their son’s football career by enrolling him at the local US Soccer Development Academy team, PA Classics, where Pulisic spent almost seven years at the club.
At PA Classics, Pulisic laid the foundation of his football career.
2014 was an important year for Pulisic; he was secured by German giants Borussia Dortmund.
Pulisic has had outstanding records ever since he got signed by Dortmund in February 2015. He made his debut for the club during its 2–0 win against FC Ingolstadt on the 30th of January 2016.
Pulisic is still single and focused on taking his career to new heights.
Pulisic’s father Mark Pulisic was also a renowned soccer player, he played collegiate soccer at George Mason University between 1986 – 1989 and scored 35 career goals in 73 appearances.
He is a professional coach at Pittsburgh Riverhounds. Mark himself is a mentor of Pulisic to date.
His mother Kelly Pulisic also played soccer at George Mason University in the 1980s. She raised her son to be an exceptional Player and taught him character Lessons through Soccer.
At just 20 years Pulisic has clinched a number of endorsement deals. For example Chocolate, cocoa products company, Hershey, Panini-America, and Footwear manufacturing company, Nike.
A soft-spoken and promising player Pulisic, whose best is still to come. He is extremely private. He has a handful of friends with whom he occasionally hangs out.