Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior also known as Neymar Jr, is a Brazilian National team and Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) footballer who plays as a forward. He is an excellent goalscorer and renowned playmaker, he is considered one of the best players in the world.
Neymar has scored more than 100 goals for three different clubs, he is one of three players to achieve this.
Full name of Neymar is Neymar da Silva Santos, Jr.. Born on February 5, 1992, at Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil.
He began playing football as a boy in São Vicente, under the guidance of his father, who also remained a close adviser and mentor throughout his son’s career. His father was a former professional footballer. In 2003 his whole family shifted to Santos.
Neymar was a highly confident player on the field, he had excellent body control, quick reflexes, and an explosive pace on the ground. His debut was with Santos in 2009.
He is a very versatile attacker who plays on the left wing. He can also play on the right wing and as a striker. This versatile Brazilian has 202 club goals from 346 appearances and 53 goals from 83 international competitions.
Next, he is going to be the main player of Brasil in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. Wish him good luck with this big event.
Career Growth And Achievements
- After participating in the street and indoor five-a-side football, he decided to join Portuguesa Santista’s youth team in São Vicente
- Neymar then joined the youth academy of Santos FC after his family moved to Santos. It was the same club where legend Pelé had also played.
- Neymar bagged many individual honors during his stay in Santos including the South American Footballer of the Year title in 2011 and 2012.
- His first international debut was on 10 August 2010 when he played against England in a friendly match at the age of 18.
- He won the ‘World Soccer Young Player of the Year award in the year 2011. He also won the ‘FIFA Puskas Award for scoring the best goal of the year In the same year.
- At the ‘FIFA Federations Cup’ in 2013 he bagged ‘Golden Ball’ for his high-level performance
- His greatest achievement came when he scored 39 goals during the 2014-15 season
- In May 2013 Neymar Jr. moved to join Barcelona FC in a transfer deal worth 57.1 million euros.
- After a successful international debut, Neymar became a part of the Brazil national team squad for the 2013 Confederations Cup, where his country Brazil defeated Spain 3-0. He was awarded the Golden Ball.
- In Barcelona FC Neymar formed the MSN (Messi Suarez Neymar) trio with Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez, they helped the club to reach a new height.
- He played his first competitive match for FC Barcelona in the year 2013–14 La Liga season against Levante where Barcelona won the first match of the season by 7–0.
- Neymar scored the first goal for Barcelona in the Spanish Cup first-leg match against Atletico Madrid and scored his first Champions League goal against Celtic FC.
- Neymar’s incredible performance put him in the elite league of footballers when he finished third in the FIFA Ballon d’Or rankings, behind Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
- In the 2016 Rio Olympics, Neymar led his national team and won the gold medal against Germany.
- In 2016 he created history when he became the most expensive footballer. He joined Paris Saint Germain from Barcelona for a whopping $200 million. He joined fellow strikers Kylian Mbappe and Edinson Cavani.
- During the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he got injured and broke his spine. He missed the rest of the World Cup matches where Brazil was beaten 7-1 in the semi-finals against Germany.
His mother’s name is Nadine Santos and his father is Neymar Santos Sr. who was a former Brazilian football player. Now he is a businessman and entrepreneur. Neymar also has a sister named Rafaella Santos.
- Neymar’s first love was Carolina Dantas lasted from 2010 to 201. They have a son named Davi
- With actress Bruna Marquezine from 2012 – 2018
- With UFC Octagon girl Jhenny Andrade in 2015
- With model Natalia Barulich from 2020 to till date.
- Full name: Neymar da Silva Santos JúniorNickname: Juninho, Joia, Ney
- Date of birth: 5 February 1992 (age 30)
- Place of birth: Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil
- Height: 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)
- Weight: 70kg (154lbs)
- Coach: Betinho, Antonio Lima
- Position(s): Striker – Left Wing
- Current team: Paris Saint-Germain
- Jersey Number: 10
- Children: Davi Lucca
- Salary: 71 million euros annually
- Father: Neymar Santos, Sr.
- Mother: Nadine da Silva,
- Son: Davi Lucca
- Sister: Rafaella Beckran
- Goals: 289 (52)
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Sponsorship: Puma, Qatar Airways, Epic Games, Red Bull, Flutter Entertainment, Triller
- Net Worth: Estimated to have 182 million euros.