In the below article you will learn about Suella Braverman, about her career, family, net worth, age, controversy in her life, parents etc
Suella Braverman is an Indian origin British politician and barrister. She was the Attorney General of England and Wales serving in the former PM Boriss Johnson led government from 2020 to 2022. She has also been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Fareham in Hampshire since 2015.
Profession – Politician
- At the 2005 General Election, Braverman contested Leicester East, finishing in second place behind Labour’s Keith Vaz
- She sought selection as the Conservative candidate in Bexhill and Battle, but got candidacy in Fareham
- Was elected to the House of Commons as the MP for Fareham in 2015 with 56.1% of the vote and a majority of 22,262.
- From 2015 to 2017, Braverman was a member of the Education Select Committee and the Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee
- Braverman joined the Armed Forces Parliamentary Scheme in 2016, graduating from the scheme in 2017.
- Braverman campaigned to leave the European Union in the 2016 EU membership referendum; a majority (55%) of votes in her constituency were for leaving.
- During the January 2018 reshuffle, Braverman was appointed as parliamentary under-secretary of state at the Department for Exiting the European Union.
- In the 13 February 2020 reshuffle, Braverman was appointed attorney general for England and Wales and advocate general for Northern Ireland, succeeding Geoffrey Cox who had been dismissed from government.
- During the July 2022 United Kingdom government crisis, Braverman remained a minister, though on 6 July 2022, she called for Boris Johnson to resign.
- Braverman was appointed Home Secretary in the new Truss ministry on 6 September 2022.
- Braverman left her cabinet position as Home Secretary on 19 October 2022.
- Braverman was reappointed as Home Secretary by Rishi Sunak on 25 October upon the formation of the Sunak ministry.
Awards and Honours
- Member of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council on 19 February 2020 at Buckingham Palace
- Appointed as Queen’s Counsel (QC) on 24 February 2020
- Winner of the first-ever Queen Elizabeth II Woman of the Year award in 2022
Net Worth – Approx $6 Million
- Sworn in as a member of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council on 19 February 2020 at Buckingham Palace.
- She was appointed as Queen’s Counsel (QC) on 24 February 2020.
Date of Birth – 3rd April, 1980
Birthplace – Harrow, Greater London, England
Age – 42 years (as of 2022)
Nationality – British
Uxendon Manor Primary School, Brent
Heathfield School, Pinner
Studied Law – Queens’ College, Cambridge
President – Cambridge University Conservative Association
Got Master’s degree in European and French law – Panthéon-Sorbonne University
Spouse – Rael Braverman (Manager at Mercedes)
George Jeffrey Braverman
Father – Christie Fernandes
Mother – Uma
Both the mother and father of Suella Braverman are of Indian Origin. Her mother migrated from Mauritius and her father migrated from Kenya to the UK.
She was sacked by the prime minister because she sent an official document from her personal email to a fellow MP, in a serious breach of ministerial rules.
Suella’s 5 statements had also put her under controversial lights :-
- ‘It’s the coalition of chaos, it’s the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati’
- Cannabis is a ‘gateway’ drug to more harmful substances
- ‘I would love to have a front page of the Telegraph with a plane taking off to Rwanda, that’s my dream, it’s my obsession’
- ‘Look at migration in this country – the largest group of people who overstay are Indian migrants’
- ‘David Cameron famously said tens of thousands, no ifs no buts. So that would be my ultimate aspiration’
From the above article you have learnt about Suella Braverman. Hope you have enjoyed. If you have any suggestion please let us know